State Investment Council
The State Investment Council is chaired by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham and composed of 11 members: the Governor, the State Treasurer, the Commissioner of Public Lands, the Secretary of the Department of Finance and Administration, four public members to be appointed by the Legislative Council, and three public members appointed by the Governor, one of whom must be the Chief Financial Officer of a state institution of higher learning. Public members are appointed with the advice and consent of the Senate, and must subsequently be confirmed by that body.
The membership changes to the SIC are a result of legislation passed in the 2010 session. To view that legislation, click here.
The State Investment Officer, Steve Moise was appointed by the Council in April 2010.
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham
- Laura M. Montoya, State Treasurer
- Stephanie Garcia Richard, New Mexico Commissioner of Public Lands
- Wayne Propst, Department of Finance and Administration Secretary
- Leonard Lee Rawson, Public Member
- Harold W. Lavender Jr., Public Member
- Tim Jennings, Public Member
- L. Michael Messina, Public Member
- Nicolas Telles, Public Member
- Catherine Allen, Public Member
- John Bingaman, Public Member